It is the time of industry 4.0 and emerging technologies. Engineering is a tough profession and the world cannot seem to get enough of engineers these days.
Well, the world is in luck, because we can provide!
Three largest cities in Serbia also represent the three largest centers for technical education.
• The biggest one is in the capital - Belgrade. There, the tradition of Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Electrical Engineering is supplemented by Traffic and Logistic, Organizational Sciences and Metallurgy, comprising the largest and most diversified engineering pool in Serbia.
• Novi Sad Faculty of Technical Sciences is famous for focusing on trendy areas such as software development and mechatronics.
• The University in Niš, Serbia’s third largest city, is renowned for being the hub for electronics.
• Kragujevac University is strong in mechanical engineering
• Smaller technical faculties are also found in Zrenjanin, Čačak, Kraljevo and Novi Pazar.
The eight tech-u centers in Serbia are generating over 7,000 engineers yearly, with their preferred specialization: mechatronics, electronics, manufacturing, IC engines, ICT, quality management or aeronautics.
The trend of investments into R&D activities by multinational companies is pretty recent, because Serbia needed to prove itself as fruitful ground for complex manufacturing activities first. However, it is the top-notch industry leaders like Continental, Bosch, ZF or Brose that are pioneering these investments, and with their positive experience, the government is already planning to boost its investments into educational institutions.