Textile and apparel production in Serbia have a long-standing tradition and for many years have been one of the main export industries. This sector used to employ more than 250,000 workers and exported more than 5 billion dollars. Now days, there are around 1,800 active companies with more than 43,000 employees.
Admirable tradition, high-quality products at competitive price, together with skilled workforce and relatively low subcontracting costs are main reasons foreign investors decided to invest in textile industry.
Companies such as Calzedonia, Benetton, Golden Lady, Pompea, Falke, Geox and many more are extensively using their production facilities as secondary manufacturing sites for the production of high-quality apparel. Thus, they can react quickly to smaller orders with quick turnaround times.
Over the last 10 years, the Serbian fashion industry has evolved from a domestic, manufacturing-based industry into a design-led sector operating in the global marketplace. Many Serbian design students go on to work in global fashion houses, which promote the Serbian fashion industry abroad.
Serbia`s textile sector predominantly trades with EU member countries (Italy, Germany, France, Romania, and Slovenia), countries in the Region (Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina), the Russian Federation, Turkey, and China.
• High quality goods at competitive prices
• Short delivery time and reasonable transportation costs
• Long tradition in providing services to global industry leaders
• FTAs with EU, Russia, USA, CEFTA, EFTA, Turkey, Belarus and Kazakhstan, enabling efficient access to various markets
• Developed educational system - includes both secondary schools and university levels
• Highly export-oriented sector